Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What To Do With 30+ Heads Of Celery?

Bottoms cut off, put in compost bucket and stalks rinsed
In the box they were shipped in.







First let me start off by saying I LOVE Azure Standard! https://www.azurestandard.com/ and if you happen to be a local to me let me know and I can help you get started ordering from them.  (For those not local to me, you can do a search on their site and see if there is a drop near you!)
So, they had a special on celery this time, 1 case (about 32 or so heads) of organic celery for $11.00, yes only about 33 cents a head!  Guess what I did?  Yep, I ordered a whole case!

                                                  First I fed some to the munchkins!
                               Then I chopped until I thought my hands were going to fall off!
                              Filled both dehydrators!  Some will be ground in to celery powder.
  And some for the freezer (17- 1 cup bags to be used to flavor soups and other such goodness later)
                  We also put a couple in the fridge for snacking and gave several away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments so feel free to leave one!